Back in the Kitchen for a day!
Last night I made the most delicious #Crockpot #chicken with #gravy! One of my favorite #passions is #cooking ! I haven’t had much time to #cook recently with the finishing of my new #book taking priority, but i can tell you it feels good when you have time to be in your own kitchen! #yummy #yumm #yummi #yummyinmytummy #sundried #tomato #tomatoes #onion #carrot #onions #soup mix , #salt #pepper #italian #seasoning #olive #oil #honey #paprika #cinnamon ! #bonappetit !
Take on Innovation – In your Kitchen!
- Grab a whole chicken from the market. Clean it thoroughly, remove the bag of gizzards inside, place in crock pot.
- Grab your favorite seasonings. Se above for my choice of flavors. Cinnamon was a secret season and it added just the right touch of spic, minus the sweet.
- Slather the entire chicken in Olive oil, front and back.
- Season each side of the bird generously.
- Throw in your favorite veggies. DO NOT ADD WATER See above for my favs! Yum.
- Set the Crockpot on high for 6-8 hours depending on the size of your chicken. Then forget it!
- Do your laundry, write your book, make body scrubs, go for a run or simply relax with a glass of wine. The hardest part is done.
- GRAVY: If you want gravy (and who doesn’t right?), about halfway through once your chicken starts to make a broth, remove half of the piping hot fluid and place in a microwaveable container.
Sprinkle some flour in the broth, constantly stirring until it begins to thicken. Don’t put too much flour. Just enough to get it thicker than the original broth.
Place in the microwave to for 2 min and allow it to thicken some more. This is you thickening the gravy more with heat without putting it on the stove.
Remove and place to the side. That’s it! If you want it a bit thicker, just repeat with a bit more flour, but not too much. You don’t want dumplings for this recipe.
- When you can smell the the delicousness coming in from your kitchen annnnnnnd you see the little thermometer popped up out of the chicken, you are DONE!
- Cut what you need, Place on your plate, add your sides, drizzle your gravy and enjoy!
SIGN UP HERE for my books mailing list!
Read my 1st blog about my upcoming book!